Ashoka Fellow Amani El Tunsi is empowering women to overcome difficult life challenges by creating a safe space to talk about taboo subjects and providing women with tools and resources to make changes through Banat w Bas online radio.
Banat w Bas is an online radio that started in April in 2008. The radio station began as a space for girls and women to discuss sensitive subjects in their life. Soon after the radio station success, a rehabilitation center exclusively for women called, “U-Turn” was established. Through U-Turn, various types of support services for the challenges discussed on the radio are offered relying on a vast network of volunteer professionals to provide individual help to the women at the rehabilitation center.
As a volunteer, you will have the opportunity to work as an integral part of the online radio program. You will be working within a young, dynamic, and entrepreneurial environment in which you will develop your skills expertise.
Banat w Bas is looking for the following volunteers
– Fundraising coordinators
- Search for potential donors and funding organizations that can potentially partner with Banat W Bas and fund its activities.
- Write proposals for donors and funding organizations.
- Assist in reporting to current donors and partners.
- Translate materials and documents for Banat w Bas online radio and U-Turn center from English to Arabic and Vice Versa.
- Edit current English and Arabic documents.
– Social Media Specialist
- Handle Banat w Bas social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- Design infrographs.
– Video Editors
– Sound Editors
- Available to start working 5 days/week for 3 months.
- Native Arabic speakers with a very good knowledge of English.
- University student or a fresh university graduate.
- Passionate about women’s rights and women empowerment in Egypt.
To apply send your resume to email@example.com.